Monday, October 18, 2010

What's on my mind



"Mistakes are the portal of discoveries". I've used this quote as my motivation since I started my study. Alhamdulillah I managed to adapt this into my study life. Before, I was too afraid of mistakes and failure. When I face failure, I felt very down and it seems like that is the end of everything. However, I tried to change that perception and take those failure as a test, never give up and never stop trying + praying. By doing so, I managed to be a better student and I am not easily taken away by the difficulties that I've to face. I took it as something which will improve myself. By reflecting back at those failure and problems, I can think of ways to overcome it and try to think of prevention to avoid it from happening again. Hopefully, I can continue this forever. Even though I had change in that aspect, I still have many weaknesses and one of them is I am lacking of confidence. I often think what others think of me rather than thinking of my own self satisfaction. When I want to do something, I’ll think of others view first rather than fulfilling my needs. When all the negative thoughts cross my mind, I will stop myself from continuing my desires. I wish I could have the courage and confident, just ignore what others say and follow my intuition. I’ve dreamt to have this attitude for years, but I never found the way which can make me like this. Sometimes, I envy people who have guts to stand for themselves. I admire their bravery. Besides, I always look down at my own ability; I never have the gut to demonstrate the gifts that Allah has given to me. I always perceived myself as someone who has nothing though sometimes it is proven that I have those skills. I wish one day, I could find the right way to share my ability and knowledge with others. Hopefully, with proper support and courage I am able to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment